ILAS Seminar-E2 :Organic Electronics (材料化学が拓く次世代のエレクトロニクスの基礎)

科目ナンバリング U-LAS70 10002 SE50 開講年度・開講期 2021 ・ 前期
単位数 2 単位 授業形態 ゼミナール
配当学年 主として1回生 対象学生 全学向
使用言語 英語 曜時限 火5
教員 MURDEY,Richard James (化学研究所 講師)
授業の概要・目的 Organic electronics is a rapidly developing and multidisciplinary field, combining aspects of physics, chemistry, materials science, and electrical engineering. Researchers in organic electronics work to take next generation display, lighting, and energy technologies from concept to commercial reality. In this seminar we will learn how molecules conduct electricity, how organic electronic devices like solar cells and transistors operate, how to make them, and the challenges that must be overcome for organic electronics to compete in the marketplace. It's a survey course, a set of interesting topics selected to illustrate the main aspects of this exciting research field.

This course is aimed at Japanese and international students interested in learning about applied science and technology in English. Seminars and are presented in English. Discussion is in English and Japanese.
到達目標 Completing this seminar course will give you a good general understanding of the field of organic electronics and its related technologies, as well as valuable listening experience in English science vocabulary.
授業計画と内容 1. Introduction : organic electronics in the world today
2. Molecules and materials : π-conjugation is the key
3. Understanding electrical charge conduction : hopping and bands
4. Molecules vs. Silicon : Fight!
5. The Fermi Level : how to align energy levels for smooth injection
6. It's a Trap! Understanding defects and trap states
7. Fabrication methods : the wet and the dry
8. Introduction to electrical measurements
9. Hot Topics : selected examples in current research
10. Sensors and imaging : some early history in the development of organic semiconductors
11. Electrical power generation from organic solar cells
12. Organic light emitting diodes for lighting and displays
13. Making the switch: organic transistors
14. Hot Topics part 2 : more selected examples in current research
15. [no class]
16. Feedback
成績評価の方法・観点 Each lecture will introduce a short homework assignment related to the topic covered. These assignments count for 70% of the final grade, and class participation counts for the remaining 30%.
履修要件 特になし
授業外学習(予習・復習)等 The homework assignments are intended to reinforce key concepts introduced in the seminars. Additional short reading assignments may be assigned from time to time.
教科書 Not used, any additional necessary materials will be given out during class.
参考書等 Additional resources will be provided in class.
PAGE TOP