Advanced Molecular and Cell Biology I
|科目ナンバリング||G-BIO11 51016 LE68||開講年度・開講期||2022 ・ 前期|
原田 浩 (生命科学研究科 教授)
粂田 昌宏 (生命科学研究科 助教)
見学 美根子 (高等研究院 教授)
酒巻 和弘 (生命科学研究科 准教授)
NAM，Jin Min (生命科学研究科 准教授)
HEJNA, James (生命科学研究科 特命教授)
渡邊 直樹 (生命科学研究科 教授)
This will be a long-distance lecture course together with National Taiwan University and Tsukuba University. The lectures are composed of 1 hour lecture, and 30 minutes students' presentation of a paper related to the lecture subject. Special emphases will be on the biologists' way of thinking as well as the basic concepts on the gene/protein structure and function.
1. Logic and basic concepts in biology：How does a biologist work and what does a biologist know?
2. Methods in biology：What kinds of technique does a biologist employ?
3. Specific topics deal with the cell structure, function, and the responses against environments.
|到達目標||Getting used to the lectures in English (i.e. comprehension, presentation and discussion). Students are expected to gain knowledge on modern cell and molecular biology and on presentation skills.|
The lectures are scheduled on Friday, 10:30~12:00 a.m.
(2) Transcription regulation in plants
(3) Post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression
(4) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors: development
(5) Regulation of gene expression: Small RNA mediated gene silencing in animals
(6) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors: Non-material stimulations
(7) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors: Cell death
(8) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors: Cell migration
(9) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors: Cancer malignancy
(10) How to see and think individual molecules inside cells
(11) Advanced technology for analyzing intercellular communication
(12) Genome structure and function in prokaryotes
(13) Bacterial signaling via two component system
(14) Plant biotechnology
Grading will be primarily based on attendance (80%) and presentation (20%).
Further details will be announced in the first lecture.
|履修要件||Open-minded students who are willing to speak English in the class are welcome.|
|授業外学習（予習・復習）等||Students assigned to presentations should prepare powerpoint files.|
|教科書||As for presentations in English, an English native professor can advice students beforehand.|
|参考書等||Reference books will be suggested in the class|