Advanced Molecular and Cell Biology I
|科目ナンバリング||G-BIO11 51016 LE68||開講年度・開講期||2021 ・ 前期|
千坂 修 (生命科学研究科 教授)
粂田 昌宏 (生命科学研究科 助教)
見学 美根子 (高等研究院 教授)
酒巻 和弘 (生命科学研究科 准教授)
NAM，Jin Min (生命科学研究科 准教授)
HEJNA, James (生命科学研究科 特命教授)
渡邊 直樹 (生命科学研究科 教授)
This will be a long-distance lecture course together with National Taiwan University and Tsukuba University. The lectures are composed of 1 hour lecture, and 30 minutes students' presentation of a paper related to the lecture subject. Special emphases will be on the biologists' way of thinking as well as the basic concepts on the gene/protein structure and function.
1. Logic and basic concepts in biology：How does a biologist work and what does a biologist know?
2. Methods in biology：What kinds of technique does a biologist employ?
3. Specific topics deal with the cell structure, function, and the responses against environments.
|到達目標||Getting used to the lectures in English (i.e. comprehension, presentation and discussion). Students are expected to gain knowledge on modern cell and molecular biology and on presentation skills.|
The lectures are scheduled on Friday, 10:30~12:00 a.m.
(2) Transcription regulation in plants
(3) Post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression
(4) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors (I) --- development
(5) Regulation of gene expression ---Small RNA mediated gene silencing in animals
(6) Advanced technology for analyzing intercellular communication
(7) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors (II)---Non-material stimulations
(8) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors (III)---Oxygen
(9) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors (IV)---Cell migration
(10) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors (V) ---Cell death
(11) Cellular responses and adaptation to environmental factors (VI) ---Stress response
(12) Genome structure and function in prokaryotes
(13) Bacterial signaling via two component system
(14) Plant biotechnology
Grading will be primarily based on attendance (80%) and presentation (20%).
Further details will be announced in the first lecture.
|履修要件||Open-minded students who are willing to speak English in the class are welcome.|
|授業外学習（予習・復習）等||Students assigned to presentations should prepare powerpoint files.|
|教科書||As for presentations in English, an English native professor can advice students beforehand.|
|参考書等||Reference books will be suggested in the class|